Delegate spaces can be booked for this event now at the URL http://www.thenbs.com/NBS-Live/
The conference then splits into four main streams, delegates can choose a single stream or jump between seminars to get a flavour of many different topics. I am involved in running the BIM Room, more on that later - but first the other rooms.
1. The Design Room
The opening session looks at design, but beyond buildings, and in particular public space and interconnected communities. This session has speakers from Accenture, Argent and Farrells.
Following this there is a session on balancing cost management and design - how to get maximum value without compromising quality. Senior members of Gleeds, Faithful and Gould and Pascal and Watson will all present.
After lunch there are sessions on Housing with speakers from PRP Architects and Levitt Bernstein and then modern methods of construction and contemporary procurement with Edge Structures.
2. The Business and Practice Room
A chance to look at your practice from a business point of view. The first session is on winning work and
In the afternoon BIS, BAM, Hoare Lea and Dyer take a practical look at the new RIBA Plan of Work 2013. Dale Sinclair the author of the new plan of work and associated documentation leads this session.
3. The Technical Room
The first session looks at what Part L means for design. We are delighted to have Ken Yeang, the founder of
Mott MacDonald and Aedas will then look at post-occupancy evaluation studies and evidence based design before the future of green buildings will be analysed by bere, John Robertson Architects and the Technology Strategy Board.
4. The BIM Room
...and last, but not least is the "BIM Room" - I've been going to many BIM conferences over the last 4-5 years, and I am confident to say that we have an amazing line up of speakers here from the world of BIM...
Session 1 - BIM for beginners
- Steve Race - BIM regional ambassador for CIC and author of BIM Demystified
- Paul Woddy - White Frog and also one of the original Revit team from before Autodesk
- Casey Rutland - Associate Director Arup Associates
- Sarah Davidson - R+D Director at Gleeds and chair of East Midlands BIM Hub
Session 2 - BIM and sustainability
- Elrond Burrell - Associate at Architype
- James Anwyl - Director at Eurobuild
Session 3 - BIM in action
- Matt Blackwell - Head of BIM, Costain
- Malcolm Taylor - Head of Technical Info, Crossrail
- Tahir Ahmad - BIM Specialist, Crossrail
- Chris Brown - Digital Engineer, Laing O'Rourke
Session 4 - BIM and the Government
- Dave Philp - Head of BIM at Mace Group and Head of Government BIM Implementation
- Neil Thompson - Principle BIM Integrator Balfour Beatty
- Nick Nisbet - buildingSMART international expert - one of the team that defined COBie
- Rachael Park - Cost Consultant Mace and BIM 2050 group member
- Tom Loader - BIM Director Balfour Beatty
- Mervyn Richards - Main author of BS 1192:2007 and PAS 1192-2 - the standards that define the BIM process
...and in addition to all of this, NBS experts from key topic areas such as sustainability, contracts and law, building regulations and BIM will all be present to facilitate with the discussions and help run the sessions.
So if you want a fantastic day of learning and a chance to network with a number of though-leaders in UK construction then book your ticket at the website below: