Scanning through the programme, there are some presentations I'd highly recommend:
- Tuesday 3rd March - Dave Philp from the UK Government BIM Task Group speaks at 12noon on what the 2016 deadline means. At 2pm Professor Steve Lockley from BIM Academy will give a live demonstration showing verification of modelled information.
- Wednesday 4th March - I'm on at 12noon giving a demonstrating of the BIM Toolkit project. At 1pm the BIM4M2 group will be discussing what BIM means for manufacturers.
- Thursday 5th March - Paul Fletcher will be starting the day at 11am looking at BIM facts and fiction. Alison Watson will be presenting how the young students are learning about digital design from an early age now.
In parallel to the seminars, there are also a number of practical BIM workshops.
- Tuesday 3rd March - At 10.30am Nick Tune from BRE and buildingSMART UK gives an introduction to COBie. At 3.30pm Andrew Duncan from Arup will present BIM and engineering.
- Wednesday 4th March - Matt McCarter starts the day at 10.30am looking at BIM Cloud Surveys. At 11.30am Mike Packham looks at BIM from an FM perspective.
- Thursday 5th March - At 10.30am Rob Charlton from BIM Technologies looks at federating models. At 12.30pm James Fiske from RICS looks through some BIM case studies from a cost consultant's point of view.
I'll be there on the Tuesday and Wednesday - so please come over and have a chat if you are attending the conference.
The two topics I'll be discussing will be:
1. BIM Toolkit
1.30pm Tues, 12noon Wed and 1.30pm Wed
|Determining who is doing what and when on a construction project|
|Coordinating geometry, specification, library and manufacturer digital information|