Tuesday 13 August 2013

BIM: The small practice perspective

In association with Graphisoft and Autodesk, RIBA are putting on three one-day conferences looking at BIM from a point of view of architectural practices that employ 10 architects are less.

The sorts of questions that will be being addressed include:
  • What is BIM?
  • How will it affect me?
  • I am a sole practitioner/small practice, do I need to bother?
  • How and how much do I need to change my way of thinking?
  • How do I implement BIM?
  • How long will it take?
  • How much will it cost?
  • How does it affect PI/Copyright/Contractual agreements?
  • Will my hardware be sufficient?
I'll be chairing the London session on 20th September at 66 Portland Place. There will also be additional sessions in Manchester on the 26th September and Birmingham on the 4th October.

Speakers will be from architectural practice, software vendors, information providers and BIM consultants. These will include Richard Fairhead bblur architecture, James Austin Autodesk, David Jellings, Open BIM Network, Rebecca De Cicco David Miller Architects, James Anwyl Eurobuild, Stefan Mordue - NBS, Rob Kalocay - Graphisoft UK, Scott Berry - Graphisoft Connect and representatives of BIM Academy.

A similar session was put on as part of the Guerrilla Tactics event last year and it was very well received. My blog post from this is below:
http://constructioncode.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/riba-guerrilla-tactics-bim-cpd.html

For details on how to sign up for one of the conferences please see the following website:
architecture.com/RegionsAndInternational/UKNationsAndRegions/England/RIBALondon/WhatsOn/CPD/2013/BIMthesmallpracticeperspective.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment