All chartered members of the RIBA must take part in 35 hours of CPD, of which 20 hours is around the core curriculum topics.
What is interesting looking at the RIBACPD.com website is the number of BIM consultancies and software vendors that are now getting their material RIBA CPD certified. A quick glance shows@
- Steve Race - BIM compete or collaborate?
- Open BIM from Bite Design
- BIM - Your next step - Vectorworks
- BIM and specification - Karndead design flooring
- Sustainable design and BIM - Boston Architectural College
- BIM for construction professionals - Jigsaw Systems Ltd
- Books and guidance on BIM - RIBA Publishing
If you are in the construction industry and want to learn more about BIM then the material above has been RIBA assessed and is worth double points. It is also aligned to the RIBA core curriculm topics.
If you are a BIM consultant, software vendor or manufacturer with BIM content - more information on getting your training material RIBA CPD stamped can be found at the page below:
Over the next few years it is pretty certain that the "BIM explosion" will show little sign of slowing down. There is a fantastic opportunity here through the professional CPD network for those who want to learn and those who have the expertise to come together.